8 jul 2011

The difficulties of wanting it all - Las dificultades de quererlo todo

In all fairness to my readers, I decided that sometimes I'll start my posts in English and sometimes I'll start them in Spanish. See? Not easy to please everybody.


If I had to pick a word to describe myself, I'd pick "dreamer". I believe that thanks to my ability to dream I've got out of life even more than I ever wanted. But being a dreamer is not always easy. Everyday, I dream that I can be a better version of myself. As great as it sounds, it is also quite challenging.


Para ser justa con mis lectores, he decidido que algunos dias empezare el blog en ingles y otros dias lo empezare en español. Veis? No es facil agradar a todo el mundo. 
Si tuviera que elegir una palabra para describirme a mi misma, elegiria "soñadora". Creo que es gracias a mi habilidad para soñar que he conseguido mucho mas de lo que esperaba de la vida. Pero no siempre es facil ser una soñadora. Todos los dias sueño que puedo convertirme en una version mejor de mi misma. Aunque suene bien, es todo un reto.




When I finished my degree, I landed a job with the U.S. Senate. Never in a million years did I think that it would happen so "easily" or that I was ready to be at that level. Three years into a job that made me very happy and that gave me the opportunity to truly have a positive impact on others' lives, I dreamed that I could be a smarter version of myself. So I quit my job and decided to pursue an additional degree and a Master's. I hope to be that version of myself by December 2012.


Cuando termine mi carrera, me ofrecieron un trabajo en el Senado. Ni en un millon de años pense que algo asi me ocurriria de manera tan facil o que estaba preparada para un puesto a ese nivel. Tras tres años en un trabajo que me hacia muy feliz y que me dio la oportunidad de impactar positivamente la vida de otros, soñe que podia ser una version mas inteligente de mi misma. Asi que deje mi trabajo y decidi hacer una segunda carrera y un master. Espero ser esa version de mi misma en Diciembre de 2012.










Another recent dream is becoming the fittest version of myself. I have always worked out, but now that I have more time I had a dream that I should be a dedicated runner. So I get up at 6 am everyday and go for a 3 mile run. I cannot put a date to achieve this dream, because it seems that I have had this dream many times before. Somehow, I end up having to dream it again - I completely blame it on the vodka tonics!


Otro sueño reciente es convertirme en la version de mi misma en la mejor forma fisica. Siempre he hecho ejercicio, pero ahora que tengo mas tiempo soñe que deberia convertirme en una corredora dedicada. Asi que me levanto a las 6 de la mañana todos los dias y me voy a correr 5 km. No puedo decir en que fecha conseguire este sueño, porque tengo la impresion de que esto ya lo he soñado muchas otras veces. De algun modo, termino soñandolo de nuevo - la culpa la tienen los vodka tonics. 




And I also dream that I will always continue to have fun. When I need to, I know when to take life seriously. The rest of the time, my main goal is smiling through the day and, if it is a very good day, actually bursting out with laughter.


Y tambien sueño que continuare divirtiendome. Cuando es necesario, se tomarme la vida en serio. El resto del tiempo mi meta es sonreir todo el dia, y si es un gran dia, reirme a carcajadas. 



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario